2 cups flour
1/2 lb. butter
1 egg yolk
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Measure 2 cups flour and 1 cup butter into a large bowl. Cut butter and flour together until well-combined and butter is evenly cut into the flour.
2. Add 1 egg yolk and 3/4 cup sour cream. Combine gently with a fork until dough is mixed well.
3. Divide dough into 4 balls, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4. Chop 3/4 cup pecans into small pieces and mix with 3/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
5. Take dough out of refrigerator, sprinkle a little flour on the dough ball and roll into about an 11 inch circle, using waxed paper on the top and bottom, flipping occasionally and sprinkling more flour as needed.
6. Spread about 3-4 tablespoons of the sugar-pecan-cinnamon filling on top of the rolled-out dough and spread it evenly almost to the edge of the dough. Cut into 12 even wedges, and roll, starting with the large end and ending with the point. Tuck the point under the roll, shape into a crescent and place on cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 375ºF for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.